Monday, May 4, 2009

Waiting for things to dry...

Since my last update all farms have received between 1.5" & 2.9" of rain. Although we are still optimistic about wrapping up corn planting, I believe Mother Nature has other plans. If we miss the forecasted rains for Tuesday & Wednesday we would be able to get back in the fields around Ashland and start planting again Friday.

Even though it is not dry enough to plant corn, it is dry enough to spray. Most all of the corn we have planted has emerged and it is time to get the herbicides sprayed as the weeds are growing as fast as the yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment